This summer is a hot one! Protect yourself from heat stroke with a few simple steps we learned from the USA.gov team:
|Tips for Preventing Heat-Related Illness
- Stay in air-conditioned space if possible. If your home is not air-conditioned, go to a public library, heat-relief shelter, or other cool location.
- Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids (check with your doctor if you are usually supposed to limit your fluids).
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight clothing.
- Cut back on exercise.
- Closely watch those who are at high risk of heat-related illness, including older adults, young children, and individuals with physical and/or mental illnesses.
- NEVER leave anyone in an enclosed, parked vehicle.