Congratulations go out to one of our clients, U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii, for being a winner of the Secretary of Defense Environmental Award!
“DoD Announces the Winners of the Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards
The Department of Defense has announced the winners of the 2012 Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards. Each year since 1962, the Secretary of Defense has honored individuals, teams, and installations for their outstanding achievements to conserve and sustain the natural and cultural resources entrusted to the Department of Defense. A ceremony honoring the 2012 winners will be held on 6 JUN 12 at the Pentagon.
A panel of judges representing federal and state agencies, academia, and the public has selected the following installations, teams, and individuals as the winners of this year’s awards:
• Scranton Army Ammunition Plant, PA.; Sustainability — Industrial Installation
• Fort Hood, TX; Environmental Quality — Non-industrial Installation
• U.S. Army Garrison – HI, Oahu Army Natural Resource Team; Natural Resources Conservation — Individual/Team
• Fort Hood Recycle Team, TX; Environmental Quality — Individual/Team
• Stryker Brigade Combat Team -Warren, MI.; Environmental Excellence in Weapon System Acquisition – Team
• Marine Corps Base Hawaii, HI; Natural Resources Conservation — Small Installation
• Former Mare Island Naval Shipyard, CA; Environmental Restoration — Individual/Team
• 75th CEG, Hill Air Force Base, UT; Environmental Restoration – Installation
• 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA; Cultural Resources Management — Installation
Congratulations to all of the winners. For more information on 2012 Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards, please visit: http://www.denix.osd.mil/awards/FY11SECDEF.cfm.”